- January 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM #3017
I’ve got a question about the free Platform theme for WordPress- which I really like. First I had some trouble about showing the full posts (no “read more”) on the frontpage, but I somehow solved that already.
But some questions remain. The post-page (let’s call it the news-page) is now the first page, but I want the frontpage smaller. I want to show one (or two) blog-posts on the frontpage together with a video and some text, and a second page for the news-archive. But I can’t find a way to embed the posts on a page.
So is there a way to do that? On page 1 I only want to include one post, on the other page more.
I hope you can help me!
WouterJanuary 13, 2011 at 7:13 PM #3069
A few options and settings;
– You can limit the amount of blog posts to show on the main page from:
Settings > Reading
– For the second “blog” page you would need to simply mark all the posts to be shown there in the same category. Say there was a category “Cats” – if you go to:
You’ll see that there is a page for this. Now, to link to it in the menu you would need to recreate your menu custom in:
Appearance > Menus
– A few other options would be to create a new page and then use plugins with it:
– I wouldn’t recommend getting into the code in the template files or WordPress, but a bit more hands on approach would be to use PHP directly in pages/posts with:
and code found here:
Well, that should be enough to keep you busy .
If you ever consider trying pro, you can test them here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.